ITT Technical Institute of Kansas City is looking for an instructor for their September quarter CM430 Mechanical Systems class starting the week of September 14. The class will be on Wednesday nights, 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM. The quarter runs 12 weeks, with 10 lectures/lab and the final.
CM430 Mechanical Systems
4 credit hours
This course explores electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems in commercial construction.
Prerequisites: CD230 Architectural Drafting II, CM340 Building Codes
Construction Management Instructor - Adjunct
At ITT Tech we are committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in fields involving technology, criminal justice, and business.
The Construction Management Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aides.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards.
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
- Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures if applicable.
- Performs duties in the Learning Resource Center as assigned.
- When possible, participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional associations.
- Minimum 3 years applicable experience in Architecture, Construction Science or Civil Engineering.
- Master's degree with 15 semester hours in the subject matter area at the bachelors or masters degree level required. Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Experience in Commercial Mechanical Sytems including eletrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
- Experience in organizing and writing reports and presentations of a technical nature.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the Internet, and management system software.
- Proven track record of project completions, multi-tasking, and the ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Past history of developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with others and maintaining them overtime.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
Kansas City, MO, US.
If you are interested, please contact:
Chair, School of Drafting & Design
ITT Technical Institute, Kansas City
9150 E. 41st. Terrace
Kansas City, Missouri 64133
(816) 276 - 1400 Office
(816) 276 - 1410 Fax